- a villous surface or coating.
- a number of villi together.
- a villus.
Origin of villosity
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for villosity
Historical Examples of villosity
Dryness seems generally to favour the hairyness or villosity of plants.
- the state of being villous
- a villous coating or surface
- a villus or a collection of villi
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The condition of being villous.
- A villous formation, surface, or coating.
- A villus.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.