- of or relating to the egg yolk.
- having a yellow color resembling that of an egg yolk.
Origin of vitelline
Examples from the Web for vitelline
Historical Examples of vitelline
Vitelline -us: yellow, with a slight tinge of red, like yolk of an egg.Explanation of Terms Used in Entomology
John. B. Smith
Surrounding the embryo is a vitelline membrane, an inner, and an outer envelope (Fig. 1).The Amphibians and Reptiles of Michoacn, Mxico
William E. Duellman
The section passes through the region of the trunk behind the vitelline duct.
The yolk-sack was large and vascular, and was connected with the fœtal vascular system by a vitelline artery and two veins.
The amnion (am) was completely formed, and vitelline vessels had made their appearance.
- of or relating to the yolk of an eggthe vitelline gland
- having the yellow colour of an egg yolk
Word Origin for vitelline
vitelline(vĭ-tĕl′ĭn, -ēn′, vī-)
- Of, relating to, or associated with the yolk of an egg.
- The yolk of an egg.