- becoming glass.
- tending to become glass.
- capable of being formed into glass.
Origin of vitrescent
1750–60; < Latin vitr(um) glass + -escent
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the quality or condition of being or becoming vitreous
- the process of producing a glass or turning a crystalline material into glass
- tending to turn into glass
- capable of being transformed into glass
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012