- a lumberjack's trunk.
- a lumber camp's supply chest.
- a small house on wheels or tractor treads, used as an office or shelter in temporary lumber camps.
- (especially in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest) a lean-to or other small addition built onto a house trailer, cabin, etc.
Origin of wanigan
Examples from the Web for wanigan
Historical Examples of wanigan
The tribulations of the wanigan were as the salt of life to the spectators.
The cook had, early that morning, moored the wanigan to the bank.
Get the lanterns from the wanigan, and bring them to the dam.
This, after some difficulty, was made fast to the bow of the wanigan.
The ground had now hardened so that a wanigan boat was unnecessary.
- a lumberjack's chest or box
- a cabin, caboose or houseboat