- the area serving as the living quarters for all commissioned officers except the commanding officer.
- the dining saloon and lounge for these officers.
- these officers collectively.
Origin of wardroom
Examples from the Web for wardroom
Historical Examples of wardroom
When I got there I was taken down to the wardroom, where three captains were sitting.At Aboukir and Acre
George Alfred Henty
With these words on his lips, he was carried to the wardroom.The Naval History of the United States
Willis J. Abbot.
By Jove, there he is now coming out of the wardroom right up to us!Crown and Anchor
John Conroy Hutcheson
Denman followed him down the companion and into the wardroom.
Lift Jenkins out of the wardroom, and stow him in a forecastle bunk.
- the quarters assigned to the officers (except the captain) of a warship
- the officers of a warship collectively, excepting the captain