- a county in Munster province, in the S Republic of Ireland. 710 sq. mi. (1840 sq. km).
- its county seat: a seaport.
- a town in SE Connecticut.
Examples from the Web for waterford
Contemporary Examples of waterford
Amid the ruins of the house some things had escaped any harm: a Waterford crystal glass fruit bowl and the telephone.Life Under Air Strikes: Children Under Fire Will Never Forget — or Forgive
August 3, 2014
Historical Examples of waterford
The Corporation of Waterford has refused to recognise "Summer" time.
At the peace he went to England, and died at Waterford, Ireland, in 1788.Tea Leaves
"All right, Phil; hoist the jib," said Mr. Waterford, as soon as we were out of the river.
I always sail Sundays, and I expect to race with Waterford to-morrow.
"It is half past eleven, Phil," said Mr. Waterford, consulting his watch.
- a county of S Republic of Ireland, in Munster province on the Atlantic: mountainous in the centre and in the northwest County town: Waterford. Pop: 101 546 (2002). Area: 1838 sq km (710 sq miles)
- a port in S Republic of Ireland, county town of Co Waterford: famous glass industry; fishing. Pop: 44 594 (2002)
city in southeastern Ireland; 1783 in reference to a type of glassware manufactured there.