- having knowledge; conscious; cognizant: aware of danger.
- informed; alert; knowledgeable; sophisticated: She is one of the most politically aware young women around.
Origin of aware
Synonyms for aware
Antonyms for aware
Examples from the Web for well-aware
Historical Examples of well-aware
They were well-aware of being in sight of wish and dream-fulfillment.The Final Figure
Samuel Kimball Merwin
- having knowledge or awarenesswell aware of the problems
- (postpositive foll by of) having knowledge; cognizantaware of his error
- informed of current developmentspolitically aware
Word Origin for aware
late Old English gewær, from Proto-Germanic *ga-waraz (cf. Old Saxon giwar, Middle Dutch gheware, Old High German giwar, German gewahr), from *ga-, intensive prefix, + wær "wary, cautious" (see wary).