See more synonyms for bonded on Thesaurus.com Related formsun·bond·ed, adjectivewell-bond·ed, adjective
- secured by or consisting of bonds: bonded debt.
- placed in bond: bonded goods.
- Textiles. made of two layers of the same fabric or of a fabric and a lining material attached to each other by a chemical process or adhesive: bonded wool.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
British Dictionary definitions for well-bonded
- finance consisting of, secured by, or operating under a bond or bonds
- commerce deposited in a bonded warehouse; placed or stored in bond
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for well-bonded
"legally confirmed by bond," 1590s, from bond (v.).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper