See more synonyms for headed on Thesaurus.com
- having a heading or course.
- shaped or grown into a head.
- having the mentality, personality, emotional control, or quality specified, or possessing a specified number of heads (usually used in combination): a slow-headed student; a two-headed monster.
Origin of headed
Middle EnglishRelated formsun·head·ed, adjectivewell-head·ed, adjective
word dating back to 1325–75;
see origin at head
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for well-headed
I prefer two-year-old, well-headed trees, set thirty by thirty.
British Dictionary definitions for well-headed
- having a head or heads
- (in combination)two-headed; bullet-headed
- having a headingheaded notepaper
- (in combination) having a mind or intellect as specifiedthickheaded
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012