- (sometimes initial capital letter) a website that allows anyone to add, delete, or revise content by using a web browser.
- Also called wiki engine, wiki application. the software used to create a wiki.
- of, relating to, or being a wiki: wiki servers.
Origin of wiki
Examples from the Web for wiki
Contemporary Examples of wiki
In his version of the story, he then convinced Wales to try the wiki approach.
I had buzzed around the wiki flower for a while, and then pollinated the free-encyclopedia flower.
The more I thought about it, without even having seen a wiki, the more it seemed obviously right.
There were wiki pages where users could jointly formulate and debate the rules.
When he asked what it meant, he was told that wiki was the Hawaiian word for quick, and wiki wiki meant superquick.
- a web application that allows anyone visiting a website to edit content on it
- (as modifier)wiki technology
Word Origin for wiki
Word Origin and History for wiki
web page that can be edited by browsers, by 2002, abstracted from names of such sites (e.g. Wikipedia, launched January 2001), the original being WikiWikiWeb, introduced and named by Ward Cunningham in 1995, from Hawaiian wikiwiki "fast, swift."