- Charles,1798–1877, U.S. rear admiral and explorer.
- John,1727–97, English political leader and journalist.
- Maurice,1913–2010, English computer scientist.
Examples from the Web for wilkes
Historical Examples of wilkes
Wilkes' Spirit of the Times is unrelenting in its haughty independence.Diary from November 12, 1862, to October 18, 1863
He was a publican, who lived in Brown's Square and had been a friend of the soldier Wilkes.The Christian
I will instruct Wilkes on my way out, that you are to be at home to no one.The Crevice
William John Burns and Isabel Ostrander
Here is a picture of English politics in the time of Wilkes.Hours in a Library, Volume I. (of III.)
The "Devil" feared that Wilkes had been "gagged" for good and all.The Works of Lord Byron, Volume 4
- Charles. 1798–1877, US explorer of Antarctica
- John. 1727–97, English politician, who was expelled from the House of Commons and outlawed for writing scurrilous articles about the government. He became a champion of parliamentary reform