See more synonyms for winterfeed on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object), win·ter·fed, win·ter·feed·ing.
- to feed (cattle, sheep, etc.) during the winter when pasturage is not available.
- to supply (grain, hay, etc.) to livestock in winter.
verb (used without object), win·ter·fed, win·ter·feed·ing.
- to provide feed for livestock in winter: We were obliged to winterfeed through April this year.
- the feed given to livestock during the winter.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
British Dictionary definitions for winterfeed
verb -feeds, -feeding or -fed
- to feed (livestock) in winter when the grazing is not rich enough
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012