- a male given name, form of Woodrow.
Examples from the Web for woodys
Historical Examples of woodys
Secondly, after cutting down of woodys, the gottys hath so bytten the young spring that it never grew but lyke shrubbes.The Itinerary of Archbishop Baldwin through Wales
- abounding in or covered with forest or woods
- connected with, belonging to, or situated in a wood
- consisting of or containing wood or ligninwoody tissue; woody stems
- resembling wood in hardness or texture
late 14c., "overgrown with trees and shrubs," from wood (n.) + -y (2). Of plants, "having a stem of wood," from 1570s. As a name for a kind of station wagon with wood panels, by 1961, U.S. surfer slang (real wood exterior panels were rare after 1951 and the last use of real wood was in the 1953 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon). Slang meaning "erection" attested by 1990 (for hardness).