- a city in SE Michigan, on the Detroit River.
- one of an American breed of chickens, raised for meat and eggs.
- an Indian of the former Huron confederacy.
- a dialect of the Huron language, especially as used by those elements of the Huron tribe regrouped in Oklahoma.
Examples from the Web for wyandotte
Historical Examples of wyandotte
Old Mother Wyandotte was right near them, clucking in fright.Seven O'Clock Stories
Robert Gordon Anderson
Before he went up to Wyandotte to work they were—he said so, anyhow.The Price of the Prairie
Margaret Hill McCarter
The Plymouth Rock is the favorite breed, and the Wyandotte is second.The Dollar Hen
Milo M. Hastings
The site was originally the home of the Wyandotte Indians who were removed here from Ohio in 1843.America, Volume 6 (of 6)
The hens are a very fine breed, akin to our Wyandotte in shape, but of various colors.The Red Watch
J. A. Currie
- a heavy American breed of domestic fowl with many different varieties
Word Origin for Wyandotte
North American Indian people, 1884, from Wyandot, from French Ouendat, from Huron Wendat.