or Hsi·ning, Si·ning
- a city in and the capital of Qinghai province, in W central China.
or Ch'ing·hai, Tsing·hai
- a province in W central China. 269,187 sq. mi. (697,194 sq. km). Capital: Xining.
Formerly Koko Nor.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Hsining or Sining
- a city in W China, capital of Qinghai province, at an altitude of 2300 m (7500 ft). Pop: 689 000 (2005 est)
Tsinghai or Chinghai
- a province of NW China: consists largely of mountains and high plateaus. Capital: Xining. Pop: 5 340 000 (2003 est). Area: 721 000 sq km (278 400 sq miles)
- the Pinyin transliteration of the Chinese name for Koko Nor