You can win people to your side more easily by gentle persuasion and flattery than by hostile confrontation.
- you betcha
- you better believe it
- you bet your ass
- You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
- you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink
- You cannot serve God and mammon
- you can say that again
- You can't fit a round peg in a square hole
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.