You can only get from people what they are willing or able to give.
- You can't fit a round peg in a square hole
- You Can't Go Home Again
- You can't have your cake and eat it too
- You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs
- You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear
- You can't squeeze blood from a turnip
- You can't take it with you
- You can't teach an old dog new tricks
- You can't unscramble an egg
- you can't win
- you can't win 'em all
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.