- the time set for the beginning of a military attack or operation.
- the time set for the beginning of any event or action.
- a decisive or critical time.
Origin of zero hour
First recorded in 1915–20
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for zero hourclimax, contingency, crisis, crossroad, crossroads, deadline, emergency, exigency, juncture, pinch, strait, target, countdown, D-day, H-hour
- military the time set for the start of an attack or the initial stage of an operation
- informal a critical time, esp at the commencement of an action
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012