capability vs. ability
[ key-puh-bil-i-tee ]
/ ˌkeɪ pəˈbɪl ɪ ti /
- the quality of being capable; capacity; ability: His capability was unquestionable.
- the ability to undergo or be affected by a given treatment or action: the capability of glass in resisting heat.
- qualities, abilities, features, etc., that can be used or developed; potential: Though dilapidated, the house has great capabilities.
[ uh-bil-i-tee ]
/ əˈbɪl ɪ ti /
- power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- competence in an activity or occupation because of one's skill, training, or other qualification: the ability to sing well.
- talents; special skills or aptitudes: Composing music is beyond his abilities.