BACK TO Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls vs. Niagara Falls
- falls of the Zambezi River in southern Africa, between Zambia and Zimbabwe, near Livingstone. 420 feet (130 meters) high; more than 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) wide.
- former name of Iguassú Falls.
- the falls of the Niagara River: in Canada, the Horseshoe Falls, 158 feet (48 meters) high; 2,600 feet (792 meters) wide; in the U.S., American Falls, 167 feet (51 meters) high; 1,000 feet (305 meters) wide.
- a city in W New York, on the U.S. side of the falls.
- a city in SE Ontario, on the Canadian side of the falls.