- so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed.
- not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible.
Origin of incredible
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. farfetched, astonishing, preposterous.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for incredibility
It was this awesomeness, this incredibility, that overwhelmed her.The Side Of The Angels
Neopa looked at him with her fawn-like eyes large with incredibility and hope.The Snow-Burner
For all its incredibility, the adventure lacks every element of surprise.A Journal of Impressions in Belgium
The situation was incredible, and waxed daily in incredibility.Mr. Prohack</p>
E. Arnold Bennett
But it was idle to talk of the incredibility of such instances.The History of the Rise, Progress and Accomplishment of the
- beyond belief or understanding; unbelievable
- informal marvellous; amazing
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for incredibility
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper