- so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed.
- not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible.
Origin of incredible
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. farfetched, astonishing, preposterous.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for incredibility
It was this awesomeness, this incredibility, that overwhelmed her.The Side Of The Angels
Neopa looked at him with her fawn-like eyes large with incredibility and hope.The Snow-Burner
For all its incredibility, the adventure lacks every element of surprise.A Journal of Impressions in Belgium
The situation was incredible, and waxed daily in incredibility.Mr. Prohack
E. Arnold Bennett
But it was idle to talk of the incredibility of such instances.The History of the Rise, Progress and Accomplishment of the
- beyond belief or understanding; unbelievable
- informal marvellous; amazing
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for incredibility
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper