- inclined to give in; submissive; compliant: a timid, yielding man.
- tending to give way, especially under pressure; flexible; supple; pliable: a yielding mattress.
- (of a crop, soil, etc.) producing a yield; productive.
Origin of yielding
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- compliant, submissive, or flexible
- pliable or softa yielding material
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012