- pertaining to, derived from, or founded on experiment: an experimental science.
- of the nature of an experiment; tentative: The new program is still in an experimental stage.
- functioning as an experiment or used for experimentation: an experimental airplane.
- based on or derived from experience; empirical: experimental knowledge.
- something that is experimental.
Origin of experimental
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- relating to, based on, or having the nature of experimentan experimental study
- based on or derived from experience; empiricalexperimental evidence
- tending to experimentan experimental artist
- tentative or provisionalan experimental rule in football
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for nonexperimental
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper