- the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
Origin of pharmacology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for pharmacologist
He was no anatomist, no physiologist, but rather what nowadays we should call a pharmacologist.Old-Time Makers of Medicine
James J. Walsh
In fact, in spite of that, she was a pharmacologist, that means she has a good head.Warren Commission (9 of 26): Hearings Vol. IX (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
- the science of drugs, including their characteristics and uses
Word Origin and History for pharmacologist
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The science of drugs, including their composition, uses, and effects.
- The characteristics or properties of a drug, especially those that make it medically effective.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The scientific study of drugs and their effects, especially in the treatment of disease.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.