- a person who is a student at or a graduate of a preparatory school.
- a person who favors or is viewed as favoring clothing style or behavior associated with traditional preparatory schools.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of preparatory schools or their students.
- of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or being a style in dress or mode of behavior of a preppy.
Origin of preppy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- characteristic of or denoting a fashion style of neat, understated, and often expensive clothes; young but classic: suggesting that the wearer is well off, upper class, and conservative
- a person exhibiting such style
C20: originally US, from preppy a person who attends or has attended a preparatory school before college
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012