- notably or conspicuously unusual; extraordinary: a remarkable change.
- worthy of notice or attention.
Origin of remarkable
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. notable, noteworthy, striking, extraordinary, wonderful, unusual, singular, uncommon.
1, 2. common, ordinary.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for remarkability
Herein alone, if such a view of it can be held at all, lies its strangeness and remarkability as a social phenomenon.
- worthy of note or attentiona remarkable achievement
- unusual, striking, or extraordinarya remarkable sight
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for remarkability
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper