- acting as part of a servomechanism: servo amplifier.
- pertaining to or having to do with servomechanisms: servo engineer.
- noting the action of certain mechanisms, as brakes, that are set in operation by other mechanisms but which themselves augment the force of that action by the way in which they operate.
- Informal. servomechanism.
- to connect (a mechanism) to another as a servomechanism.
Origin of servo
1945–50; independent use of servo-, taken as an adj., or shortening of words formed with it
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (prenominal) of, relating to, forming part of, or activated by a servomechanismservo brakes
- informal short for servomechanism
- Australian informal a service station
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for servoed
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper