- simple past tense and past participle of stick2.
- stuck on, Informal. infatuated with: He met her only once and is already stuck on her.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the past tense and past participle of stick 2
- informal baffled or nonplussed
- (foll by on) slang keen (on) or infatuated (with)
- get stuck in or get stuck into informal
- to perform (a task) with determination
- to attack (a person) verbally or physically
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for stuck on
"unable to go any further," 1885, from past participle of stick (v.). Colloquial stuck-up "assuming an unjustified air of superiority" is recorded from 1829.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper