- a person or thing that vaporizes.
- a device for turning liquid into vapor, as an atomizer, especially one that converts a medicinal substance into a vapor that is inhaled for respiratory relief.
Origin of vaporizer
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for vaporizer
As we mounted to the platform I could not resist glancing into the Vaporizer.Unveiling a Parallel
Alice Ilgenfritz Jones and Ella Marchant
Nelson opened the valve at the vaporizer and turned over the fly wheel.
Ill have to take the vaporizer apart, and that will take some time.
The exhaust is at E; I is the pipe leading from the vaporizer V to the inlet port in the valve chest.The Library of Work and Play: Mechanics, Indoors and Out
Fred T. Hodgson
It included experimenting with an Otto engine run with petroleum and a vaporizer and electric ignition with magneto.Automobile Biographies
Lyman Horace Weeks
- a substance that vaporizes or a device that causes vaporization
- med a device that produces steam or atomizes medication for inhalation
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A device used to vaporize medicine for inhaling.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.