- forsaken or deserted: an abandoned building; an abandoned kitten.
- unrestrained or uncontrolled; uninhibited: She danced with abandoned enthusiasm.
- utterly lacking in moral restraints; shameless; wicked: an abandoned and dissolute ruler.
Origin of abandoned
Synonyms for abandonedSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
1. discarded, rejected. 3. See immoral.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for abandonedly
Historical Examples of abandonedly
In the first days of their love she had been his slave; she had admired him abandonedly.O Pioneers!
- desertedan abandoned windmill
- forsakenan abandoned child
- unrestrained; uninhibitedwild, abandoned dancing
- depraved; profligate
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
"self-devoted" to some purpose (usually evil), late 14c., past participle adjective from abandon (v.).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper