- of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- original or earliest known; native; indigenous: the aboriginal people of Tahiti.
Origin of aboriginal
Synonyms for aboriginal
Examples from the Web for aboriginally
Historical Examples of aboriginally
Aboriginally, as with most northern nations, warfare was the normal state of these people.The Works of Hubert Howe Bancroft, Volume 1
Hubert Howe Bancroft
It appears clear that aboriginally there were two semipermanent sites and a number of temporary settlements.
Barrett says (p. 271) this was an aboriginally Wappo town and took the lead in the war with the Pomo.
Stewart makes it quite clear that aboriginally the Kacia had no permanent settlements on the coast itself.
- existing in a place from the earliest known period; indigenous; autochthonous
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the indigenous peoples of Australia
- another word for an Australian Aborigine