- to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- to complete (a distance or period of time): to have accomplished the age of 70; We accomplished the journey in little more than an hour.
- Archaic. to provide polish to; perfect.
Origin of accomplish
SynonymsSee more synonyms for accomplish on Thesaurus.com
1. complete, fulfill; execute, effect.
1. See do1.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to manage to do; achieve
- to conclude successfully; complete
C14: from Old French acomplir to complete, ultimately from Latin complēre to fill up. See complete
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for accomplishable
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper