- of, caused by, or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
- causing emotion or feeling.
Origin of affective
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for affectivity
Historical Examples of affectivity
Nor does he contribute much likely to be of permanent value in any part of the wide domain of affectivity.A General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
- psychol relating to affects
- concerned with or arousing the emotions or affection
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Concerned with or arousing feelings or emotions; emotional.
- Influenced by or resulting from the emotions, as of a psychological disorder.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.