[af-roh-kar-uh-bee-uh n, ‐kuh-rib-ee-uh n]
- a person of African descent who is a native or inhabitant of the Caribbean.
- of or relating to Afro-Caribbeans.
- combining African and Caribbean cultural elements.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for afro-caribbean
Contemporary Examples of afro-caribbean
And Marta Moreno Vega, an Afro-Caribbean expert on Yoruba philosophy, seems to dare you to sum up her ethnicity.The Latin Look
August 19, 2011
- denoting or relating to Caribbean people of African descent or their culture
- a Caribbean of African descent
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012