- an atomizer for spraying paint.
- to paint or decorate, using an airbrush: to airbrush murals; to airbrush silk kimonos.
- to remove or alter by or as by means of an airbrush: to airbrush facial lines from a photograph.
- to prettify or sanitize: airbrushed versions of modern history.
Origin of airbrush
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an atomizer for spraying paint or varnish by means of compressed air
- to paint or varnish (something) by using an airbrush
- to improve the image of (a person or thing) by concealing defects beneath a bland exterioran airbrushed version of the government's record
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012