- the high German speech of Switzerland, Alsace, and southwestern Germany.Compare Bavarian(def 3).
- of or relating to Alemannic or the Alemanni.
Origin of Alemannic
Examples from the Web for alamannic
Historical Examples of alamannic
Reminiscences of an Alamannic migration saga can be traced in the traditions found around the Vierwaldstdter Lake.Teutonic Mythology, Vol. 1 of 3
Viktor Rydberg, Ph.D.
This passage quite confirms his view of the events connected with the overthrow of the Alamannic Kingdom by Clovis.The Letters of Cassiodorus
Cassiodorus (AKA Magnus Aurelius Cassiodorus Senator)
Clovis had vowed that he would embrace Christianity if he should prevail against the Alamannic Odin.The Story of Switzerland
- the group of High German dialects spoken in Alsace, Switzerland, and SW Germany
- the language of the ancient Alemanni, from which these modern dialects have developedSee also Old High German
- of or relating to the Alemanni, their speech, or the High German dialects descended from it