- of, occurring in, or utilizing algebra.
- Mathematics. of or relating to an element that is the root of a polynomial equation with coefficients from some given field: is algebraic over the field of real numbers.
- using arbitrary letters or symbols in place of the letters, symbols, or numbers of an actual application.
Origin of algebraic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for algebraically
Historical Examples of algebraically
The problem of finding the maximum product of n positive quantities whose sum is given may also be found, algebraically, thus.
A locus or curve may be algebraically specified in another way; viz.
- of or relating to algebraan algebraic expression
- using or relating to finite numbers, operations, or relationships
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for algebraically
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper