- sensitivity to pain; hyperesthesia.
Origin of algesia
< New Latin < Greek álgēs(is) feeling of pain + New Latin -ia -ia
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- physiol the capacity to feel pain
Word Origin for algesia
New Latin from Greek algēsis sense of pain
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Relating to hypersensitivity to pain.
- Relating to or causing pain.
- Hypersensitivity to pain.algesthesia
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.