- a volcanic rock in which rounded cavities formed by the expansion of gas or steam have later become filled with deposits of various minerals.
- (of rocks) containing amygdules.
- Anatomy. of or relating to an amygdala.
Origin of amygdaloid
Examples from the Web for amygdaloidal
Historical Examples of amygdaloidal
I ascended one, and found it was capped with trap rock in amygdaloidal nodules.
Occasionally we meet with igneous rocks which are more or less vesicular and amygdaloidal throughout their entire mass.Geology
It occurs in a series of amygdaloidal dolerites or diabases, and in the associated sandstones and conglomerates.
It may be traced for many miles, passing through the amygdaloidal and other traps of the hill called Normans Law.
They consist almost exclusively of greenstone, becoming, in a few instances, earthy and amygdaloidal.
- (of a volcanic rock) containing amygdales
- a less common form of amygdaloid (def. 2)
- a volcanic igneous rock containing amygdales
- having the shape of an almond
- a less common form of amygdaloidal (def. 1)
- Shaped like an almond.
- Of or relating to an amygdala.