- a volcanic rock in which rounded cavities formed by the expansion of gas or steam have later become filled with deposits of various minerals.
- (of rocks) containing amygdules.
- Anatomy. of or relating to an amygdala.
Origin of amygdaloid
Examples from the Web for amygdaloid
Historical Examples of amygdaloid
They are composed of clay mixed with gravel, and covered with a wall of amygdaloid.Diplomatic Days
Masses of the two former minerals were also found imbedded in amygdaloid and trap-rock, thus denoting the parent beds of rock.
It is found in connection with isolated blocks of amygdaloid, of primitive greenstone, and of petrosilex.
Vesicular lava and amygdaloid are the chief ingredients of some of the best parts of Australia Felix.
Amygdaloid occupies also a very large tract to the north, mingled with porphyries, conglomerates, and various other substances.The Conquest of Canada (Vol. 1 of 2)
- a volcanic igneous rock containing amygdales
- having the shape of an almond
- a less common form of amygdaloidal (def. 1)
- Shaped like an almond.
- Of or relating to an amygdala.