- a bringing back to consciousness; reanimation after apparent death.
Origin of anabiosis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the ability to return to life after apparent death; suspended animation
C19: via New Latin from Greek, from anabioein to come back to life, from ana- + bios life
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of, relating to, or being restorative; resuscitative.
- A powerful stimulant; a revivifying remedy.
- A restoring to life from a deathlike condition; resuscitation.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.