- a river in NE Siberian Russia, flowing SW and E to Anadyr Bay, on the Bering Sea. 695 miles (1118 km) long.
Examples from the Web for anadyr
Historical Examples of anadyr
The Anadyr River, of which reports had been heard from the natives, was his goal.Along Alaska's Great River
This was the first account which reached the conquerors of Siberia of the great river Anadyr which falls into the Pacific.
For it lies between north and north-east, and bends with a rounding towards the Anadyr.
We must bring a million of them up here before that danger-flood we speak of comes beyond the Gulf of Anadyr.
"Then we can count on that thing coming across the neck of sea from the Gulf of Anadyr," he finished.
- a town in Russia, in NE Siberia at the mouth of the Anadyr River; the capital of Chukot Autonomous Okrug. Pop: 11 038 (2002)
- a mountain range in Russia, in NE Siberia, rising over 1500 m (5000 ft)
- a river in Russia, rising in mountains on the Arctic Circle, south of the Anadyr Range, and flowing east to the Gulf of Anadyr. Length: 725 km (450 miles)
- Gulf of Anadyr an inlet of the Bering Sea, off the coast of NE Russia