- belonging to, relating to, or involving England and France, or the people of the two countries.
- of or relating to the Anglo-French dialect.
- Also called Anglo-Norman. the dialect of French current in England from theNorman Conquest to the end of the Middle Ages. Abbreviation: AF, A.F.
Origin of Anglo-French
Examples from the Web for anglo-french
Historical Examples of anglo-french
The man has had a finger in every Anglo-French swindle of the last ten years.Dross
Henry Seton Merriman
He was called in Anglo-French scawageour, from the noun scawage, showing.The Romance of Words (4th ed.)
And she turned to greet the entering mistress with a flood of Anglo-French.Regiment of Women
Adverse destiny, in his case, took the shape of an Anglo-French jailer.The Life Of Sir John Falstaff
Robert B. Brough
Very curious is the way in which Montreuil has been linked up with Anglo-French history.G. H. Q.
- of or relating to England and France
- of or relating to Anglo-French
- the Norman-French language of medieval England