- checking or preventing fever.
- an antipyretic agent.
Origin of antipyretic
Examples from the Web for antipyretic
Historical Examples of antipyretic
As a tonic and antipyretic it is certainly worthy of recommendation.The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines
T. H. Pardo de Tavera
In men the antipyretic and anti-neural actions were unaffected.Poisons: Their Effects and Detection
Alexander Wynter Blyth
When the fever is so excessive that quinia should be given as an antipyretic.
The antipyretic medicines which we have first to consider are derivatives of quinoline.Coal
The acid and its salts are antipyretic and were used in Germany instead of salicylates in rheumatic fever.
- preventing or alleviating fever
- an antipyretic remedy or drug
Word Origin and History for antipyretic
- An agent that reduces or prevents fever.antifebrile antithermic
- Reducing or preventing fever.