- not periodic; irregular.
- Physics. of or relating to vibrations or oscillations with no apparent period.
Origin of aperiodic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- not periodic; not occurring at regular intervals
- (of a system or instrument) being damped sufficiently to reach equilibrium without oscillation
- (of an oscillation or vibration) not having a regular period
- (of an electrical circuit) not having a measurable resonant frequency
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for aperiodicity
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Not occurring periodically.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.