- a magazine or other journal that is issued at regularly recurring intervals.
- published at regularly recurring intervals.
- of or relating to such publications.
Origin of periodical
Related Words for periodicaljournal, magazine, quarterly, monthly, mag, weekly, rag, sheet, review, slick, number, paper, newspaper, serial, throwaway
Examples from the Web for periodical
Contemporary Examples of periodical
What the Tea Party needed was its own periodical, he concluded.Steven Allen: The Tea Party’s Editor in Chief
David A. Graham
February 10, 2011
Historical Examples of periodical
Here Pio Nono broke in with one of his periodical exclamations.Camps, Quarters and Casual Places
Because generally there is a periodical frost in the month of May, and it is coldest from the 11th to the 13th.The Field of Ice
It must be, with such genius, tact and experience, all that a weekly periodical can be.
The projectors of this periodical were Mr. William Morris, Mr. Ed.Recollections of Dante Gabriel Rossetti
T. Hall Caine
The use of a current periodical in class should be encouraged.College Teaching
- a publication issued at regular intervals, usually monthly or weekly
- of or relating to such publications
- published at regular intervals
- periodic or occasional