- conforming to the standards of art; satisfying aesthetic requirements: artistic productions.
- showing skill or excellence in execution: artistic workmanship.
- exhibiting taste, discriminating judgment, or sensitivity: an artistic arrangement of flowers; artistic handling of a delicate diplomatic situation.
- exhibiting an involvement in or appreciation of art, especially the fine arts:He had wide-ranging artistic interests.
- involving only aesthetic considerations, usually taken as excluding moral, practical, religious, political, or similar concerns: artistic principles.
- of art or artists: artistic works.
- of, like, or thought of as characteristic of an artist: an artistic temperament.
Origin of artistic
Related Words for artisticallyeasily, delicately, neatly, smoothly, nimbly, beautifully, graciously, skillfully, elegantly, adroitly, handsomely, agilely, artistically, daintily, delightfully, dexterously, exquisitely, fitly, harmoniously, rhythmically
Examples from the Web for artistically
Contemporary Examples of artistically
There was a lot of effort and lifting, but artistically speaking, it just fell out of me.James McAvoy on ‘Filth,’ His Wild Bachelor Party, and BB Gun Fights with Jennifer Lawrence
May 21, 2014
Why not just create something utterly silly, artistically a bit pointless, but ultimately just fun to watch?‘Muppets Most Wanted’ Is a Perfect (Utterly Silly) Muppet Movie
March 21, 2014
When you have a cause, the best way to express yourself is artistically,” he says, against “the scissor of the oppressor.Hani Abbas Extends the Vital Tradition of Political Cartooning in the Mideast
October 20, 2013
This era, artistically speaking, harped on Greco-Roman mythology, with masculinity steeped in classical heroism.‘Masculin/Masculin,’ a Retrospective of Male Nudity in Art, Opens in Paris
September 25, 2013
Did you feel like when you were acting as the first lady of France, it stifled you artistically?Carla Bruni Opens Up About Her New Album, Being First Lady, Fashion, and More
June 27, 2013
Historical Examples of artistically
The moment a man begins to be conscious of an audience he is artistically damned.Ballads of a Bohemian
Robert W. Service
No one could improve it for you, for I made it artistically and with care.Albert Durer
T. Sturge Moore
Wat, who had artistically applied the make-up, viewed his handiwork with admiration.Slaves of Mercury
Bending over his bench, he was now artistically cutting out his zinc.L'Assommoir
From these I prepared most artistically, a strong, delicious drink.Hair Breadth Escapes
T. S. Arthur
- of or characteristic of art or artists
- performed, made, or arranged decoratively and tastefully; aesthetically pleasing
- appreciative of and sensitive to beauty in art
- naturally gifted with creative skill
1753, from French artistique, from artiste (see artist). Native artist-like was recorded from 1711; artistly from 1754; artistical from 1801. Related: Artistically.