- James,1924–87, U.S. writer.
- James Mark,1861–1934, U.S. psychologist.
- Lo·am·mi [loh-am-ahy] /loʊˈæm aɪ/, 1740–1807, U.S. civil engineer and developer of the Baldwin apple.
- Mat·thi·as William [muh-thahy-uh s] /məˈθaɪ əs/, 1795–1866, U.S. inventor, manufacturer, and philanthropist.
- Roger,1884–1981, U.S. advocate of constitutional rights: a founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.
- Stanley1st Earl Baldwin of Bewdley, 1867–1947, British statesman: prime minister 1923–24, 1924–29, 1935–37.
- a variety of red, or red and yellow, winter apple, grown especially in the northeast U.S.
- a town on S Long Island, in SE New York.
- a city in W Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.
- 1058–1118, king of Jerusalem 1100–18: fought in the first crusade.
Examples from the Web for baldwin
Contemporary Examples of baldwin
I watch his stand-up, I watch Chris Rock's, I read Baldwin and Baraka, I listen to Kanye.The Unbearable Whiteness of Protesting
Rawiya Kameir, Judnick Mayard
December 10, 2014
Baldwin becomes a social and spiritual alchemist by blending rage with love.How We Got to Ferguson—a Reading List
August 23, 2014
The model Ireland Baldwin is less ambiguous but even more defiant when it comes to her relationship with the rapper Angel Haze.Cara Delevingne, Ireland Baldwin, and How Sexually Uninhibited Models Are Bucking the Male Gaze
July 2, 2014
In the photo, Baldwin is staring longingly into the camera, his eyes like two giant marbles, his chin resting in his hand.Broadway’s Rebel, Tellin’ You to Hear It: A Portrait of Saul Williams
June 17, 2014
Unlike her mother, however, Baldwin is taking pride in her curves.The Famous Parents Modeling Club
May 28, 2014
Historical Examples of baldwin
Hester begged Mrs. Baldwin to lead the way, and followed her up the stairs.Weighed and Wanting
But Baldwin's a mere clerk—cannot guess at the feelings of a gentleman.
If Mr. Baldwin stands the storm, we are all as we were—my pictures into the bargain.
Colonel Baldwin records that he was on the ground in the afternoon.The Siege of Boston
He was a member of the Baldwin, the Cavendish, and the Bagatelle card clubs.The Return of Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle
- James Arthur . 1924–87, US Black writer, whose works include the novel Go Tell it on the Mountain (1954)
- Stanley, 1st Earl Baldwin of Bewdley. 1867–1947, British Conservative statesman: prime minister (1923–24, 1924–29, 1935–37)
- 1058–1118, crusader and first king of Jerusalem (1100–18), who captured Acre (1104), Beirut (1109), and Sidon (1110)