- John (Sim·mons) [sim-uh nz] /ˈsɪm ənz/, born 1930, U.S. novelist.
- Karl,1886–1968, Swiss theologian.
Examples from the Web for barth
Contemporary Examples of barth
Barth further noted that neither Cotton or Hutchinson are known as social conservative diehards, which lessens the impact.Gay Marriage Doesn't Play in Arkansas
May 14, 2014
Historical Examples of barth
There was a lot of talk—more than Barth usually heard or contributed in a month.
There were rumbles of uncertainty, but Barth saw that the seed had taken root.
Barth was remembering his histories, and the armies that had been swept together.
Barth strode up the ramp of his flagship, shouting out to his men as he went.
Dr Barth had procured an excellent one of the renowned Bû-Saef breed.Great African Travellers
- (German bart) Heinrich . 1821–65, German explorer: author of Travels and Discoveries in North and Central Africa (1857–58)
- (bɑːθ) John (Simmons). born 1930, US novelist; his novels include The Sot-Weed Factor (1960), Giles Goat-Boy (1966), and Once Upon a Time (1994)
- (German bart) Karl . 1886–1968, Swiss Protestant theologian. He stressed man's dependence on divine grace in such works as Commentary on Romans (1919)