- the state of being a base.
- the power of an acid to react with bases, dependent on the number of replaceable hydrogen atoms of the acid.
Origin of basicity
Examples from the Web for basicity
Historical Examples of basicity
He believed the organic base owed its basicity to the ammonia.Cooley's Practical Receipts, Volume II
When some sodium chloride solution is then added to one of the two portions, the basicity of the solution is distinctly increased.
The author has found this a useful test taken in conjunction with the basicity determination.Animal Proteins
Hugh Garner Bennett
- the state of being a base
- the extent to which a substance is basic
- The ability of an acid to react based on the number of replaceable hydrogen atoms it contains.
- The quality of being basic.